Attribute Table STILL JUMPS AROUND and is STILL painfully slow, ver. 2.9

11-19-2021 12:32 PM
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

Why does the attribute table continue to "jump around" after an edit is made?

1)Load a hosted feature layer in a map

2) Open attribute table, scroll the attribute table half-way (horizontally)

3) select a record

4) delete it

The table will jump back to the far-left horizontal position. This is annoying, especially if your table has a lot of fields.

Also, why are attribute tables painfully slow in Pro? Scrolling any direction, re-organizing columns, ect. everything is painfully slow compared to 32-bit ArcMap.

9 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Dan,

I saw this before when working with another organization and it turned out that they weren't performing regular maintenance on their SDE.  Do you regularly schedule indexing, analyzing, compression, etc.?

Also, with 2.9 being so new.. could be a bug.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
danbecker

It happens with all sources, and in the example I mentioned in OP, it's a hosted feature layer with ArcGIS Datastore backend.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you checked the BUG log site?  If it isn't recorded yet, you may contact ESRI support and have them do some analysis.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
VMitch
by
New Contributor III

Struggling with the same thing so would be interested to see what solution you come up with. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you contact ESRI support?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
danbecker

The only solution we have is to revert to 32-bit ArcMap (GUI is 10x faster then Pro), but now lacks all the web-GIS features required to work with a modern web-GIS platform like ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.

But, we shouldn't have to open a support ticket for basic functionality like scrolling in an attribute table.

It's odd to me that no one here has mentioned the slow Pro GUI. Perhaps the majority of users are still on ArcMap 10.8.1, that would be my guess.

We have several 6+ core workstations with 16GB+ of memory and Pro is significantly slower on all of them, compared to 32-bit ArcMap. I'm beginning to think it's our graphics cards...

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I agree that a support ticket shouldn't be needed, but if you open one for them to do a basic troubleshoot and log the issue, it may lead to a fix.  Just saying.

And yes, I would check into better graphics cards, more memory and hard drive space for optimization.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
danbecker

Here's system specs that perform slowly with Pro.

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) Bronze 3104 CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz (6-core, 6-thread)

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)

Nvidia Quadro P400 (2 GB GDDR5 memory)

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Optimal Specifications are listed:

Processor: 10 cores are optimal but 6 is recommended (you have 6 with 6-thread which should be sufficient)

Platform: 64x 

Hard drive: 32 GB or more of free space on a solid-state drive (SSD)

RAM: 16 GB recommended but 32 GB optimal

Seems your graphics card is in need of upgrade.  I think minimum requirement is 6.1 or later.  You can check the compatibility here: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus 

Should be at least 4GB of dedicated memory, but 8GB is recommended. Memory requirements depend on the model architecture and batch size being used.

Also, updated drivers for the graphics cards: NVIDIA GPU drivers: version 456.38 or later is required.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos