Attribute table resets back to object 2000 when editing

11-18-2019 08:57 AM
KatieErickson
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a feature class with aprox. 11000 points.

I am trying to go over each point to make sure it is in the correct spot, and I am finding that when moving the point and clicking the check mark to finish the edit, the attribute table will go back to somewhere in the original 2000 records.

This seems to be happening when the attribute tables has loaded more points beyond 2000 (as highlighted in the attached image). This also happens when I "load all".

Has anyone encountered this issue, and if so, how did you work around it?

I would like to be able to quickly click through the points (by double clicking on the object in the attribute table), make the edit and keep moving without having to scroll through a thousand points back to the one I just made edits to.

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.4

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I recall a bug about this, when hitting a feature service. What is the exact data source, including versions, etc. For example, SQL 2014 Enterprise Feature Class, not versioned, archived enabled, pushing a server 10.6.1 feature service with Windows Authentication......that level of detail. 

0 Kudos
KatieErickson
New Contributor III

SQL4 server, enterprise geodatabase, versioned - traditional ( I created a new version for these edits), archiving disabled, 10.6.1 geodatabase, on windows 10

Let me know if I missed anything

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

SQL4? I have not heard of that version, that might be the problem? Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.7.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.4—Help | ArcGIS Deskto.... How far away on the network is your server? What happens when you disable versioning and hit the parent version? The bug I'm thinking of doesn't apply in this case, though, sounds like a call to tech support. 

KatieErickson
New Contributor III

It's possible I have that wrong...that's what it says when I open the feature class properties. I will try using the parent version and see what happens, otherwise call in to tech support.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried to join the Pro 2.5 beta program to see if editing of the attribute table behaves this way as well, in the newest version to be released in early 2020?

0 Kudos