attribute table not showing in arcgis pro 2.5

Jump to solution
03-04-2020 01:59 AM
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

I loaded a point feature layer with 178 records in arcgis pro 2.5. Everything is showing in the map as expected. But my attribute table is not showing:

the switch button switches the selected rows but shows nothing. The Fields View button results in

Other layers in the map are showing their attribute tables ok.

the layer shows up OK in arcmap 10.6 and the attribute table is visible also in 10.6.

I downloaded the layer as gdb from agol. I have done this before and had no problems earlier.

thanks for your time,

Bert 

18 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. The data is there, as pop-ups will work, but I can't do anything with the attribute table itself.

0 Kudos
AndrewThompson2
New Contributor II

Same behavior for me as well. I was able to use Xtools to view the attribute table in Excel too.

0 Kudos
AndrewThompson2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I also have a HFL that is not showing attribute tables for 2 layers in ArcPro 2.5 but fine in arcmap and arcgis online. The other 7 layers in the HFL show the attribute table fine in ArcPro and elsewhere as well.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue yet with ESRI technical support?

Andrew

0 Kudos
JohnBeers
New Contributor

I also have had the attribute table not display in ArcPro from a downloaded file geodatabase of a feature service hosted online. Check the editor tracking date fields in the Arc Catalog field property window. I had a default date of 12-31-1899. Removed the default value and I can now see the attribute table in ArcPRO. Republished the service with overwrite web service and things seem to back on track. I do not know how I accomplished getting the default values set in the tracking fields. But I am glad to see the attribute table is back. I hope this helps you.

John.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad you got it working, but this was not the solution for me. Still grasping at straws.

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having the same issue. Here are the steps that I take to recreate the issue and what I've done to try and troubleshoot it...

• Create replica in fgdb format via the REST API (createReplica) of a hosted feature service
    • I also exported to fgdb from the Item Details page in AGOL from web browser and got same results
  • Download zipped fgdb and unzip
  • Try to view attribute table in ArcGIS Pro Catalog View in the preview
    • can see how many features there are, but can't see field names or field values
  • Add feature class to a map, can view features in the map
  • Can't view features in attribute table
  • Get an error when trying to access Design->Fields for feature class
  • Export fgdb using the ExportXMLWorkspaceDocument GP tool
    • this completes successfully with any parameters I give it
    • I validate the XML with several validators and it checks out
    • I also did a cursory inspection of the XML and didn't see anything odd
  • If I try to use ImportXMLWorkspaceDocument, I get an 'Invalid XML file' error
  • using python I can do the following
    • read the feature class into a spatially enabled data frame
    • create a list of feature classes using ListFeatureClasses
    • create a list of fields in a feature class using ListFields
    • view all Field properties like name, aliasName, defaultValue, etc.
  • everything looks normal after inspecting the above

My only workaround at this point to be able to access this data in a 'working' fgdb in ArcGIS Pro is to use a third party tool (Enterprise Architect) to rebuild the fgdb for me. The steps I take to do this are:

• Use ExportXMLWorkspaceDocument to export my fgdb to xml
  • Use Enterprise Architect
    • import from XML to create a Enterprise Architect project
    • export from Enterprise Architect project to xml
  • Use ImportXMLWorkspaceDocument to import from the xml from Enterprise Architect to create a new fgdb with same schema as the original one
  • Use Append GP tool to append all features from the original 'bad' fgdb to my recreated 'working' fgdb
    • this works, but it recreates the GlobalIDs for all features when I do the Append
    • this is an issue because there are some relationships that depend on the GlobalID for PK/FK relationships
    • and the preserveGlobalIds environment setting only works for enterprise geodatabases

So, it looks like I'm going to submit a support ticket with Esri to see if they can figure out why certain fgdb's experience this behavior. Based on the above, the only odd thing in my feature service are some weird default values (-2209161600000 Update - this shouldn't really be an issue since this is really just 12/30/1899) for date fields that I'm not sure how they got there. These aren't default values for the Editor Tracking date fields, but for other date fields. When I inspect fields via python or ArcCatalog, I don't see these default values. They also don't show up in the XML as default values, it only shows up in the GDB_ServiceItems table in the xs:string for each Record in the fgdb.

UPDATE 6/22/2020:  Thanks to Bert Kraan, I pinpointed my issue to the default values for those date fields. For some reason these default values cause issues in ArcGIS Pro and it hasn't been addressed yet in 2.5.0 or 2.5.1. If this happens to someone else, I've got two workarounds.

1. Use ArcCatalog to reset the default values. This is quirky. I had to go to the layer properties->Fields, type NULL into the default value box, hit Apply, go back to the same field and delete the '-2209161600000' that shows up in that box after hitting Apply, then hit Apply again. This needed to be repeated one by one for each date field that had that default value.
  2. Use python to iterate through the feature classes in my fgdb, then iterate through fields. If the field had that default value, I used AssignDefaultToField to clear the default and set it to Null.

Once I did either of the workarounds, I was able to view the attribute tables in ArcGIS Pro.

UPDATE 6/23/2020: Esri support has confirmed for me the existence of BUG-000126591 - "Unable to view the attribute table after exporting the hosted feature service as a file geodatabase consisting of a date field." The bug is currently in the product plan and seems to effect ArcGIS Pro versions 2.4.2 to 2.5.1. Another workaround that support mentioned was exporting to shapefile, but that doesn't work for me due to relationships and long field names.

0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Support told me the default value for the datefield (12/30/1899) is exactly what triggers the bug (their words). It should be fixed by now, in the end I worked around by using arcmap 10.6 which works fine with my dataset.

JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Bert. You're right. I did some additional testing and this appears to be the culprit, but it is not fixed in 2.5.1. I'll see what Esri support says.

0 Kudos
ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

I was so happy to find this question since I've been struggling with the same bug. I cleaned my date values and even deleted the old creator date fields and only left one date field that doesn't have any null values. And it still won't show up in Pro 2.5.2! is there any news on this lately?

0 Kudos