Attribute Rules in a traditional Versioned Database?

Jump to solution
07-08-2021 10:14 AM
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Can you set up attribute rules in ArcPro in a traditional versioned SDE SQL Database?  If so, do you have to unversion the feature first and re-version it after setup?  I set the sequence rule up on the feature class connected as the database owner and it seems like it should work, but it doesn't, so I'm trying to trouble shoot.

When I edit the feature as the owner of the database it simply doesn't do anything, and when i switch to my version it says it can't find the sequence, so tries to run but can't.  Any tips appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Arcade syntax was all wrong.  (I'm new here.)  I followed the video and it apparently wasn't what I needed.  The other post referenced above had a much simpler version without a variable declaration, one line of code.  Now I know...

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

What is the sequence you are trying to use in the attribute rule?  Also what version of ArcPro are you using?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

ArcPro 2.8.1, I just used the "Create Database Sequence" tool to create a sequence for a couple of features and then used the Arcade expression as detailed in the Esri video below without any extra characters or anything like that.  I just needed a basic unique number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPV_ydeoVY0

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Here's a screen shot of my rule.

KimberlyMeinert_0-1625765734444.png

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I would try un-versioning the feature class first then set the rule and re-version it.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I was thinking that too.  I'll report back.  😀

KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Nope.  Here's the error.  Same one I got before.  

KimberlyMeinert_0-1625768477914.png

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I typed in the error to Google search and i found a thread that may help:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/dbms-sequence-not-found-when-using-attribute-rule...

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

I had read that too and have made...progress?...in that by adding the database owner name before the sequence name, I no longer get the error!  But alas, it also doesn't fill the id either, so I'm trying now to track that down.   I think there's a way to see what number the sequence left off at, I'm curious as to whether that part is actually working and just not passing the value to where it's supposed to go.

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Sequence working on the SQL side...so must be some sort of Arcade syntax issue?

0 Kudos