Are Definition Queries taken into account when creating an MMPK?

07-30-2020 07:05 AM
alehmann
New Contributor III

I have some tables that I want to export into an MMPK with ArcGIS Pro 2.5. Because the tables are rather large, I want to take only the newest (e. g. from this year) rows. I can define that query in Pro and it's working (be it on standalone tables or feature classes).

But when I create an MMPK from the project, all rows are exported into the MMPK. Is there any way to filter out unwanted data when creating an MMPK?

Tags (2)
5 Replies
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

Arne Lehmann‌, have you tried hiding the fields which are not needed in the table using the Fields Designer in ArcGIS Pro?

Fields view—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

In the field designer you can deselect the fields which you don't want to be seen in the attribute table.

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia
0 Kudos
alehmann
New Contributor III

Hi Shelley Schott‌, thanks for your reply!

While that wouldn't really solve our problem (because we would only be able to omit relatively few fields), this does not work. The field is still present in the MMPK database.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Arne,

As you have noticed the create mobile map packaging process does not limit the data packages based on a layer definition query (or field visibility.. like some of the other 'export data' tools), all records are included in the package.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for a future release.  Could you enter an Idea for it?

Thanks,

Mark

alehmann
New Contributor III

That's a bummer. Thanks for the suggestion to post an idea, though. I just created one: "Support filtering out rows when creating an MMPK" - maybe it will gain traction.

MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Arne, you also need to upvote your own idea.