Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPro to Civil3D 2020

10-05-2022 12:56 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to bring in data from ArcGIS Pro to Civil3d 2020. The issue I am having is that when I bring the data sets in, one is a line the other is a raster, they end up in different locations and at different scales.

I exported the line from ArcGIS using the "Export to CAD" tool.

not sure what the right way is as all I see is the reference to Civil3D 2021 when bring data in.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do have Civil3D 2020.1 but I don't seem to have the AGOL tool 

0 Kudos
DanielCRS
Occasional Contributor

Typically when I see this sort of behavior, it is because I haven't made sure that the two datasets are in the same coordinate system. If you have checked this, and are still experiencing issues, try exporting the vector data into a .dwg and the imagery into a stand alone file (e.g., a .tif or .jpg). To add the imagery, use the MAPIINSERT command.

Typically, I am working in some flavor of State Plane coordinates with a linear unit of US Survey Feet. When I export to CAD from ArcGIS Pro, Civil 3D does not recognize that the linear units are US Survey Feet and assumes International Feet. So, by default, I open the newly exported drawing and change the insertion units (UNITS command). For imagery, I have to open a new drawing, temporarily change the units to International Feet, use the MAPIINSERT command to add the image, then change the units back to US Survey Feet. When I do this, the imagery and linework line up with each other and survey data.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for the information. I will have to take a look, but I made it work. I will have to go back through and remember what I did lots of clicking to try and figure it out but I got it.

0 Kudos