ArcPro Synchronize Changes stopped working?

Jump to solution
05-31-2022 12:32 PM
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Possible bug?

ArcPro's Synchronize Changes between a 1-way Parent to Child replica was working last week, but now will run to about 6% and stay there, producing no errors, and not stopping until forced. The task usually took about 1 minute.

I recently upgraded from server 10.7 to 10.9, the tool worked in 10.7, and in 10.9 for 1 day. No schema changes, or new feature classes introduced into the parent gdb.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

That's a good workflow that you posted - I saw that earlier.  Since it's a one-way Parent to Child, what about this?  Delete the parent and child replica pairs, rebuild the one-way parent to child replica and attempt to synchronize changes again.  Does the process hang at 6% still?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Workflow question for you - on the Parent side of the replica, have you done a reconcile/post operation back to DEFAULT.  And then a COMPRESS?  If not and it's possible, please do a rec/post, compress then try to Synchronize Changes.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
Amarz
by

I have a script that does all that nightly for me.. which is what made me realize it was freezing at sync..

Following the steps here.

When I checked the logs and saw it did not continue past the sync I attempted to do it using the ArcPro 2.9 Geoprocessing tools.

After manually Rec/Post and compressing as suggested, I am still getting stuck at the 6% completion done without errors and requiring a force stop, or it will just continue to run.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

That's a good workflow that you posted - I saw that earlier.  Since it's a one-way Parent to Child, what about this?  Delete the parent and child replica pairs, rebuild the one-way parent to child replica and attempt to synchronize changes again.  Does the process hang at 6% still?

0 Kudos
Amarz
by

Thank you Robert,

I was hoping I didn't have to recreate it all but that seems to have solved the freezing. Now the synchronization completes but does not actually transfer data from the Parent to the Child. I will have to do some more trouble shooting here.

Do you think this occurred because of the Server update?

0 Kudos
Amarz
by

My problem was a new feature layer was built in the Parent and set to Branch Versioning somehow.. Anyways, Thanks for helping me through this!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You're welcome!  Glad it worked out.  Not sure if a server update would cause the synch to fail - shouldn't but this is more of a question of Esri Support Services.  BUT I wonder - when did Branch Versioning come around?  10.7 or earlier?  So in ArcGIS Pro, when you register a feature class as versioned, the default behavior is Branch Versioning.  If one is not paying attention to this item, then it's registered as branch versioned instead of traditional versioning. 

0 Kudos