ArcPro not letting me save field view

Jump to solution
09-06-2017 08:55 AM
DrewD
by
New Contributor III

While in field view I turn off/on certain fields, however when I go to save this change it doesn't let me.

Then when I try to exit from the field view tab I see this.

Is there another way to turn off and on field visibility? 

22 Replies
DrewD
by
New Contributor III

Thank you Mervyn, that solved my problem.

My add-in updated the table of attributes but did not save afterwards, preventing me from saving my changes to the tableview.

JohnMarino
New Contributor III

In case anyone else discovers this in the future, just to be clear: this pertains to unsaved changes to any layer in ArcGIS Pro, not just the target layer to which you are attempting to change the schema.

Douglas_Sauer
New Contributor III

outstanding edits saved > still unable to save new fields added...

check/uncheck visible a fix for me...

yup... a pop-up or something more intuitive/instructional than greyed out would greatly assist UX.

Ridiculous how steep this 'migrate prod env to pro' curve is proving...

hoping the long term efficiency gains are worth the short term pains and inefficiencies

MaiSwasdichira
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan. It worked after I toggled on/off. That was weird.

0 Kudos
TylerSchwartz2
Occasional Contributor II

A pop-up stating that there are unsaved changes pending before the "edit field" interface even comes up would easily solve this problem. Having a button greyed out with no indication as to why is very frustrating and isnt the most intuitive from a UI design perspective.

HeatherSavage
New Contributor III

If you hover over the save field changes icon, a banner comes up stating that there are unsaved feature edits.  You're right though, this is not at all intuitive and took me awhile to figure out. 

jennilight
New Contributor

Thanks - I had that question too!

0 Kudos
MikeKlassen
New Contributor II

Running 2.2.2, and have this same issue. It seems like a bug to me - You first have to save the edits before making a field visible or not? Makes me miss the ArcMap fields tab. 

DianneYunker1
New Contributor II

I can't find how to save feature edits

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Dianne,

You've likely made edits to features either in a map or scene.  So click on the map tab, and you should see an Edit tab become available on the ribbon.  In the edit tab, Save and Discard should be enabled if you have outstanding edits.

Mine are grayed out as I don't have any pending edits.

I hope this helps.