ArcPro hosted feature layers are not updating in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
09-09-2021 06:31 AM
OwenWhite
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have been having some issues with a certain project of mine, the feature layers or even whole web map on ArcGIS Online do not update from pro. A few other projects that I have been working on update completely fine so I'm not sure as to why this one is having problems. I'm also not sure for how long this has been ongoing for. 

I have tried reuploading the layer and even overwriting some of them. Another problems is that edits were also made on ArcGIS Online for this same project that did not transfer over to Pro either. ArcPro is up to date and so are all of my licenses. 

I am running out of options so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you certain that the layer being edited in Pro is the same as the AGOL layer? In Pro, click the Data Source View tab in your Contents panel to verify where the data is coming from.

Once you click "publish", the hosted layer is created as an entirely separate service from the original source layer. In order to edit the features in both Pro and AGOL, you need to then add the newly-published hosted layer to Pro. The fact that edits aren't going from Pro to AGOL and vice versa sounds like you may not actually be accessing the same layer in both places?

You can keep the source layer as a reference, but if your plan is to make direct edits to the hosted layer, you may as well get rid that source layer to avoid confusion or mistakenly editing the wrong layer.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you certain that the layer being edited in Pro is the same as the AGOL layer? In Pro, click the Data Source View tab in your Contents panel to verify where the data is coming from.

Once you click "publish", the hosted layer is created as an entirely separate service from the original source layer. In order to edit the features in both Pro and AGOL, you need to then add the newly-published hosted layer to Pro. The fact that edits aren't going from Pro to AGOL and vice versa sounds like you may not actually be accessing the same layer in both places?

You can keep the source layer as a reference, but if your plan is to make direct edits to the hosted layer, you may as well get rid that source layer to avoid confusion or mistakenly editing the wrong layer.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
OwenWhite
New Contributor III

Josh, 

Thank you for your help, I opened the WebMap into Pro and made a test edit and things seem to be connecting now. 🤙

David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@OwenWhite can you check that you're not accidentally editing an offline version that's been downloaded?

Brooks_SummitGeo_0-1631195990674.png

If the data has been downloaded locally for disconnected editing, you may need to hit sync to push your edits back up to AGOL.

If you don't want to work with offline mode, then remove the local copy and edit the service directly.

David
..Maps with no limits..