ArcPro does not see my domain/list values for Feature Service attributes

Jump to solution
08-22-2019 02:02 PM
TheKenerson
Occasional Contributor

I'm new to ArcPro and when I edit my Feature Service from AGOL to my project, it does not use the list/domains that I created in AGOL....Seems odd. Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

This is a known limit at this time.  How domains are stored in managed in a feature service is different from how they're stored/managed in a geodatabase, and there currently isn't a "translation" in place through ArcGIS Pro.  This is being tracked as [ENH-000114453: Provide ArcGIS Pro the ability to manage Domains and Default values of Hosted Feature layers with its available Tools and field view interface.] which is In Product Plan.

So you're not crazy; just wanted to post so that you don't spend any more time trying to figure it out...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

This is a known limit at this time.  How domains are stored in managed in a feature service is different from how they're stored/managed in a geodatabase, and there currently isn't a "translation" in place through ArcGIS Pro.  This is being tracked as [ENH-000114453: Provide ArcGIS Pro the ability to manage Domains and Default values of Hosted Feature layers with its available Tools and field view interface.] which is In Product Plan.

So you're not crazy; just wanted to post so that you don't spend any more time trying to figure it out...

TheKenerson
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much Kory. This is so helpful. 

So this is reason to still use the geodatabase on the client, more specifically ArcGIS Pro.

I began exploring Pro and I started thinking, "If I have all my data and domains in a feature service, then what would really be the point of a feature class and a geodatabase?" Well, here is the reason. lol.

0 Kudos
TheKenerson
Occasional Contributor

Kory,

I tried googling and searching geonet using the ENH number and description. I was trying to get more info on when this might be released but i'm struggling. I cant find any reference to it. Do you have a link?

Thanks,
Scott

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

There isn't any more information about a date or timeframe for when this work might be done in ArcGIS Pro.  The only way to be attached to the enhancement request would be to contact technical support.  Sorry that I can't help any more than that.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has there been any update on this bug?