ArcPro crashes on refreshing python package information

08-04-2020 07:53 AM
OlanrewajuLawal
New Contributor II

Hi I have just upgraded to ArcGIS pro 2.6, I uninstalled the previous version (2.5.2) and installed the new version. However, the program works fine but whenever I try to check the python manager, the software stay for sometime at "Refreshing package information" then crashes. I have tried reinstalling several times that seem not to be working.

I have attached the dmp file.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That dmp file is only good for ESRI Technical support. You may want to contact them.

That should just about do it....
JakubSisak
Occasional Contributor III

Did you delete your clone environment and created a new one in 2.6? Just a thought.  Also do give it some time; it can take a long time

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Joe and Jakub are both correct

but on a side note....removing an install can often mean going into your users profile and tracking down any folder with esri, conda, python, etc in it and renaming them by appending xxx to the folder name.  Do this AFTER you uninstall.  Then go into the location where Pro was installed and you will see a lingering path for pro... delete it. The brave might go into 'regedit' and do the same to totally get rid of anything arc*.  At that time you can try reinstalling from the *.msi (assuming you downloaded the *.exe and extracted the *.msi and *.cab file). 

... sort of retired...
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

Second this.   These are the folders to try first:

C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Roaming

C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local directories

OlanrewajuLawal
New Contributor II

Hi Dan

I followed you advice, I appended XXX to the conda sub-directory C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\ESRI. Afterward I repaired the installation and it worked.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

glad it worked

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos