Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPro 3.0 did not fix scheduled tools

06-28-2022 01:33 PM
Michael_VanHatten
New Contributor III

I am wondering if anyone has been able to get the Tool Scheduler to work with Pro 3.0. There has been a bug ( BUG-000131693.) that has been keeping 2.9.xx from running scheduled tools. It was claimed by an ESRi employee here https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/scheduled-modelbuilder-task-fails-on-select-layer... that the issue would be fixed with the 3.o update. I have been waiting weeks for the update, just to find out that I now get a new error message and the scheduled tools do not work. They run without any errors when I manually run them but that is not the workflow I want to use. ESRI claims they were addressing the issue, can anyone confirm that the schedule tools function is working? I am running some very simple model builder tools, nothing fancy, select by attributes and recalculate attributes. No crazy complex analysis, is it just me thinking every time new version come out more problems come up with promises of fixes at the next version?

24 Replies
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all, now that Pro 3.2 is available, I wanted to mention that a remaining scheduling bug related to Select Layer By Attribute has been fixed. 

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/the-scheduled-execution-of-the-select-layer-by-attribut-bug-00015...

I hope that some of those who posted above might be able to upgrade to Pro 3.2 and see if their scheduled tools are working now. 

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI
Occasional Contributor II

@DrewFlater I cannot schedule tools to run and am using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2 running on a Windows 11 virtual machine (via Parallels Desktop 19) as I use a 2023 MacBook Pro (with the silicon processor and Sonoma 14.4).

The model runs fine when run manually, but when I schedule a window pops up that ArcGIS Pro has stopped working (it hasn't - the window can be dismissed and nothing changes in terms of ArcGIS Pro's functionality) and the geoprocessing schedule history remains at (0). I've attached a screenshot of the model's tools. I also submitted the error report to Esri via the pop-up window.

I use a named license through my employer (University of Idaho) and am accessing an AGOL portal outside of my employer.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

@LMedeirosUI can you please email me the crash dmp file you are experiencing? You can find it in this folder: C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports with a timestamp matching when the crash occurred. Email to dflater@esri.com

It would be great if you would contact Esri Support to log the issue with your reproducible steps, so that the development team can work to fix the crash and any problems. 

As a workaround, you could try to use different tools, like Calculate Field instead of Convert Temporal Field, which offers Python-based functionality for adjusting or converting temporal field values. I won't know what tool is causing the crash until reviewing the crash dmp file using our development tools.

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI

Hi Drew - I tried a simpler model with just a single calculate field and (to me) it looks like the same thing happens. I've emailed you the DMP files and screenshots for both my original model and the simpler one. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI

@DrewFlater It was something about my python and/or Windows configuration. Started fresh with a new Windows 11 VM and everything worked fine. Thought I'd let you know.