ArcPro 2.7 Upgrade causing my layout map series page filter with table reference not to work

Jump to solution
12-21-2020 08:55 AM
DeanAnderson2
Occasional Contributor II

I just upgraded from 2.7 from 2.6 ArcPro using a file geodatabase.  In 2.6 I had a page query filter set so my table matched my map series. I have a table frame linked to this table.  It worked Great in 2.6 and ONLY displayed the records associated with the page.  After installing 2.7 this no longer works.  All records in the table referenced by the table frame display (it appears that the map series page filter is not working).  I have tried several alternatives (reloading the table frame, resetting the map series page filter, etc).  Gone over the release notes and nothing appears to have changed.  Nothing seems to work.  Have I missed something?  

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Dean,

I was able to reproduce.  I created a 2.5 project, added a feature class AND a stand alone table.  I set up a map series on the feature class and then set up the page query on the table/tableframe.  Only the filtered records displayed in the table frame.  I opened the same project in 2.7 and all records were showing.  This is a regression and can hopefully address it as a service pack with very high priority (once we identify how it was broken).

As possible work around: Can you join the index layer with your stand alone table, then set the properties of the table frame to ONLY show 'Map series rows'?  This produces the same effect. 

Capture.PNG

In my simple example, I had State_Polygons joined to Counties_Table (one to many).

Jeff - Layout / arcpy.mp Teams (and former ORMAP participant) 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Dean, I just tried a quick table frame filtered by the map series page and it works fine for me in 2.7.  Granted, I just created this fresh, so it wasn't existing and then opened after upgrading to 2.7, so I can't speak for that part.  I checked and can't find anybody else noting this as an issue so it might be good to get in touch with technical support.

DeanAnderson2

Did you try a stand alone table?  The process works fine for looking at feature classes. 

JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Dean,

I was able to reproduce.  I created a 2.5 project, added a feature class AND a stand alone table.  I set up a map series on the feature class and then set up the page query on the table/tableframe.  Only the filtered records displayed in the table frame.  I opened the same project in 2.7 and all records were showing.  This is a regression and can hopefully address it as a service pack with very high priority (once we identify how it was broken).

As possible work around: Can you join the index layer with your stand alone table, then set the properties of the table frame to ONLY show 'Map series rows'?  This produces the same effect. 

Capture.PNG

In my simple example, I had State_Polygons joined to Counties_Table (one to many).

Jeff - Layout / arcpy.mp Teams (and former ORMAP participant) 

JeffJensen3
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue as Dean, hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

0 Kudos
DeanAnderson2

Thanks Jeff - I will give it a try. 

0 Kudos
ElwynPratt1
New Contributor II

We are having this issue as well. We have a table that is pulled from an enterprise geodatabase that we use for a map series. We had used page queries to show only the records for the given map series page but page queries no longer seem to be working with tables. Even bringing in a csv and turning page queries on does nothing. Really hoping this gets resolved. 

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Does the workaround mentioned above help you?  We are currently testing a local fix and hope to include it in a 2.7 service pack. 

Jeff Layout and arcpy.mp teams

0 Kudos
DeanAnderson2

Did not work as intended.  However, my cartographers and my production machine are still at 2.6 so it is not a critical issue at this time.  My cartographers will be playing with adjusting the 2.6 layout for map production for sometime to come.   Looking forward to the 2.7 patch.  Thanks for checking. 

0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves1
New Contributor III

too have this issue. Sadly the work around suggested is not an option for me...

0 Kudos