ArcPro 2.4.1: ArcPro fails to publish map service,

09-23-2019 12:32 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcPro 2.4.1: ArcPro fails to publish map service,

In the screenshot below, publishing a map that contains one feature class fails (the log file is attached).

What might be the issue here?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal,

After looking into the logfile you have provided I can the see error 001488 at line 33. To see solution or workaround of this issue please refer Esri support technical article at -

Error: 001488: The service you are attempting to publish includes data but the site has been configu... 

Note that this solution or workarounds are applicable for publishing a map service from ArcGIS Pro too.

Hope this will resolve your problem. 

Good Luck!

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks Manoj for the help

It appears that checking the “Allow data to be copied to the site when publishing services” option resolves the issue! But how? The idea of registration is to disallow copying the data to the server when publishing but to keep the published services referenced to the source data.

Really confusing!

Jamal Numan
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

This issue appears not to be resolved even in Pro 2.5. I’m again encountered in the same problem.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Saleh Ahmed

Rawan Saleh

Jamal Numan
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal,

I haven't tired with ArcGIS Pro 2.5.

StefanUseldinger
Occasional Contributor II

The issue still exitsts with 2.8

If the checkbox is unchecked in ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Pro won't show any warning/message if the data to be referenced by the service does not exist in a Data Store. I think this is the actual (usability) problem!

0 Kudos