ArcPro 2.4.0 editing issue with SID imagery in a project

Jump to solution
06-27-2019 05:24 PM
Bristlecone-Geo
New Contributor III

I have a project that has parcels, roads, etc. in it (I use this project a lot) and a SID image,…a 2017 NAIP image. When I want to edit a layer, and I click on the little editing pencil, it automatically checks the SID image to be edited (a major no-no). When I un-check the SID image, I get this error:

The exception Breakpoint

A breakpoint has been reached.

(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location

0x00007ffe5671725E.

Click OK to terminate the program.

Anyone else having this issue?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Pete Magee

Thanks for posting this.  I'm sorry that you experienced a crash in ArcGIS Pro.  I'm able to easily reproduce this issue and have reported it to the development team.

If you leave that box checked are you able to continue your work without issue?  Because as the icon shows in the List by Editing view, raster layers aren't editable, so it shouldn't matter if that is checked or not.

Please be sure to send error reports if they occur so that the development team can assess these and deliver fixes.  Here is a bit more background on how the process works: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/arcgis-desktop-error-reporter-lea...

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Pete Magee

Thanks for posting this.  I'm sorry that you experienced a crash in ArcGIS Pro.  I'm able to easily reproduce this issue and have reported it to the development team.

If you leave that box checked are you able to continue your work without issue?  Because as the icon shows in the List by Editing view, raster layers aren't editable, so it shouldn't matter if that is checked or not.

Please be sure to send error reports if they occur so that the development team can assess these and deliver fixes.  Here is a bit more background on how the process works: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/arcgis-desktop-error-reporter-lea...

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Bristlecone-Geo
New Contributor III

I will try that and report back.

Thanks,

Pete Magee

0 Kudos
Bristlecone-Geo
New Contributor III

I did edit successfully without unclicking the sid image and everything was fine. Thanks again Kory for your help!

Pete Magee

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You're welcome.  We'll have the team take a look at this crash to get it fixed...

marjorie_jerez
New Contributor III

I got the same error today when I had unchecked a tile package while in the List by Editing view. I re-opened it and didn't unclick the tile package and was able to successfully edit the shapefile I needed to edit.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry you ran into this, Marjorie but glad you were able to move forward.  I'm pretty sure that the fix for this will be in the ArcGIS Pro 2.4 Patch 1 coming later this week so keep an eye out for that.

Cheers

marjorie_jerez
New Contributor III

The patch fixed it! Woohoo!!! Kudos to the development team. 

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Did you reinstall the Transmorgifier Library? 

0 Kudos