ArcGISPro - Search Attribute table

Jump to solution
02-05-2015 11:13 AM
RickyReid
New Contributor III

In arcmap you have the option of pressing ctrl-f to search through an attribute table.  Is Pro missing this functionality or am I just not finding?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, AJ. Good news - it took us a little while, but this capability will be available with the ArcGIS Pro 2.5 release (later this year).

Here's a screenshot of the UI after pressing Ctrl-F on a table view.  You can "Find" in the selected column (as shown below), or you can "Find" in all columns. You can also use "Find and Replace" to make edits within the table.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Nathan.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Hi Ricky,

You are correct - Pro doesn't have that feature in 1.0.

In 1.1 we plan to add the ability to search and find a feature in a layer (that is, search for a value and find feature/s that match). It will probably be 1.2 before we enable that same function for standalone tables.

Thanks, Nathan.

ScottAulen2
New Contributor III

Was the search and find a feature in a layer ability added to 1.1?  I'm unable to find it anywhere.

RickyReid
New Contributor III

Still unable to find it in 1.2  as well.

AndrewWallick3
New Contributor II

Unable to ctrl+f in 1.4 now. Is this going to be added?

MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

You can search using the *Locate *tool, and just add the list of layers

(shapefiles or features) to search under Settings. Not quite as simple as

ArcMap but I really like the search output.

0 Kudos
GabrielMarcus
New Contributor II

Control F would be much better and simpler to use. I have used the locate option to find a feature in a layer, but if you work with a great many layers, it's a PITA to use the "Configure Layer for Locate" each time. Now we're up to 2.1.2. Can you provide a better estimate when Control F to search an attribute table will be added?

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Be sure to add your user story and up vote to https://community.esri.com/ideas/13672 

AJCorwin
New Contributor II

Please add this feature!  It would be extremely helpful!

0 Kudos
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, AJ. Good news - it took us a little while, but this capability will be available with the ArcGIS Pro 2.5 release (later this year).

Here's a screenshot of the UI after pressing Ctrl-F on a table view.  You can "Find" in the selected column (as shown below), or you can "Find" in all columns. You can also use "Find and Replace" to make edits within the table.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Nathan.