ArcgisPro does not start after fresh Install

09-20-2022 12:41 AM
SörenLachnit
New Contributor

Hello,

I had ArcgisPro 3.0 installed succeful on my PC. I got a message that an update is available. So I installed the 3.1 patch. After that I got an error sying that the cofiguration file was not correct. I could not find a solution so I uninstalled everything from esri + deleted the REGFILES. The installed ArcGIS 3.0 again. Now it does not load anymore, no error nothing only a short blue spinner.

What can I do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarijanSlak
New Contributor

Hi,

I have similar problem with Pro 3.0 and already posted reply to a different ArcGIS Pro Question.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/pro-3-0-won-t-install-without-desktop-runtime-6-0...

Let me explain again:

Test 1 on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (version 1809, OS build 17763.2928):

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 is working OK

Uninstall ArcGIS Pro 2.9

Install Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 (x64)

Install ArcGIS Pro 3.0

After running ArcGIS Pro the process is staying in »Background Processes« and »splash screen« does not appear.

Test 2 on Windows Server 2019 Standard:

Install ArcGIS Pro 3.0

After running ArcGIS Pro the process starts in »Background Processes« then jumps in "Apps",  »splash screen« appears and ArcGIS Pro is running OK.

Test 3 on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (version 1809, OS build 17763.3287):

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 is working OK

Uninstall ArcGIS Pro 2.9

Install ArcGIS Pro 3.0

After running ArcGIS Pro the process starts in »Background Processes« then jumps in "Apps",  »splash screen« appears and ArcGIS Pro is running OK.

Does ArcGIS Pro 3 really depend on Windows LTSC version and OS build number?

Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
SörenLachnit
New Contributor

Hello with the help of the Technical Support I could solve the Problem!

After various uninstalls and install of ArcGisPro the Problem was not ArcGis but an error in the Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 (x64)! After repairing the Installation of the Desktop Runtime the error was gone and ArcGis loads again. I found a Windows Crash Report in the Folder C:\ProgammData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive which pointed to an error in the Dektop Runtime.

So if ArgiS crashed I would suggest to look into the mentioned Windows Folder too!

Best regards

0 Kudos
MarijanSlak
New Contributor

Thanks for your post. There is no CrashReport in the folder you mentioned.

The situation is even more complicated now. We installed all necessary updates on Test1 PC to bring OS up to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (version 1809, OS build 17763.3287) and ArcGIS Pro still remains in »Background Processes«.

0 Kudos