ArcGIS will now close because a valid license is unavailable

08-16-2020 11:31 AM
LaurieKurilla1
New Contributor III

After running Raster to Polygon for many hours (overnight), in the morning there is an error:  "ArcGIS Pro will now close because a valid license is unavailable.  This has happened with a different dataset as well, same circumstances.  This seems to be a bogus error since I already had a valid license in process.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Laurie,

Pro should stay open as long as there is a license available.  With that said, what licensing option were you using?  If using Concurrent Use or Named User license, there are connectivity issues to consider.  At some point, the connectivity between Pro and the license manager could have been an issue.  If possible, try borrowing the license or use a Single Use license.  This way the license is local to the system and eliminate any network related issue.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Laurie,

I just wanted to echo what Amnoy said.  Are you using a named user license?  Its possible this could be a connectivity issue, especially if the you were running the tool overnight.  

Perhaps you could try checking out your license or taking it offline (Again, depending on what type of license you're using) and then try running the tool again.  Try that and see if you run into the issue again.  

0 Kudos
LaurieKurilla1
New Contributor III

Thank you. It is a single-use license, so i don't understand why it would

lose connectivity overnight or at any time. I'm afraid to use the

"offline" method, as each time I have used "offline" - when I try to go

back online, I get a user license error message which ESRI support and

licensing team have to clear... after a significant amount of their effort

and my time. With no clear reason as to why it happens.

Cheers

Laurie

0 Kudos