ArcGIS Pro Tasks | scheduling

Jump to solution
01-13-2022 04:28 AM
HalaAbdelmaksoud
Occasional Contributor

Hi all, 

I want to check if I can schedule ArcGIS Pro Tasks for running at a specific time.
Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Tasks are primarily designed for interactive usage by end users to run a series of tools in a designed workflow where they can customize parameters and see the intermediate outputs before running the next step/tool.

ModelBuilder, on the other hand, is designed for automation, batch processing, and scheduling. As ModelBuilder is essentially a python script in a geoprocessing toolbox, it can be set to run automatically at regular schedules using the Geoprocessing Scheduler:

The concepts of connecting tools in Tasks and ModelBuilder to become  a workflow is essentially the same. Would it be possible for you to use ModelBuilder instead and scheduled the tool to run?

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Tasks are primarily designed for interactive usage by end users to run a series of tools in a designed workflow where they can customize parameters and see the intermediate outputs before running the next step/tool.

ModelBuilder, on the other hand, is designed for automation, batch processing, and scheduling. As ModelBuilder is essentially a python script in a geoprocessing toolbox, it can be set to run automatically at regular schedules using the Geoprocessing Scheduler:

The concepts of connecting tools in Tasks and ModelBuilder to become  a workflow is essentially the same. Would it be possible for you to use ModelBuilder instead and scheduled the tool to run?

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

HalaAbdelmaksoud
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much!

VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

Hello- Can you confirm if you can use Task Scheduler to enable/disable a Scheduled Model Builder task? 

We have a model builder that we scheduled using the steps discussed in the Schedule geoprocessing tools—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

I was trying to stop the tool from running for a day or two and did so using via the Windows Task Scheduler interface, marking the task from "Ready" to  "Disabled".  My question is, do we also have to stop/pause the schedule over in ArcPro as well?  I was looking through this documentation, but am not seeing much about how Task Scheduler and ArcPro interact when it comes to disabling or enabling schedules. 

Thank you in advance,

Vanessa

Cc: @DonSjoboen and @LeahClark 

JudithLandry
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm trying to run a scheduled task (a modelBuilder that I built) and ArcGIS crashes when it starts its execution. When I run the task myself, the same modelBuilder works fine. Can you help?

0 Kudos