ArcGIS Pro Table Frame content fitting strategy issue

11-07-2019 08:50 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor III

In the below snapshot, we can see that without the first column being totally completed till the end (see empty space below), the contents are being thrown to the second column for writing the new values. I have used all the fitting strategies namely Adjust font size, Adjust frame columns and Adjust Frame columns and font-size, but neither of them worked. The frame columns are set to 3 because we have considered the maximum possible columns needed to fit 254 counties based on the data refresh.

Can anyone suggest the right strategy to use so that it does not go to second column unless the first is totally finished?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Add and modify table frames—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop 

suggests that the Adjust columns and font size

specifying a minimum font size, then let it determine the number of columns rather than having it fixed to 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I tried that. But it didn't work either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It looks like it also attempts to balance the columns within the box... maybe the box height is to large for the desired affect, try a larger font and a greater width and smaller height.  (I think you have entered the 'art' side of layouts ... good luck)

Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rohit,

Dan is correct.  Currently the table frame balances the columns within the box. Currently, there is no option to "fill out" one column before starting the next.  I'm unaware of any existing enhancement request for this option. Please feel free to add one to https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas.

Thanks,

Tom