ArcGIS Pro - SQL Server Database Connection Error

Jump to solution
07-06-2015 07:57 AM
CarbonCounty_Utah
New Contributor III

I downloaded ArcGIS Pro and imported an .mxd from ArcMap. All my layers work except for the layers pulling from a SQL Server database. I followed the instructions that show how to create a "New Database Connection" however, every time I try to connect I get the following error. I know that my Authentication is correct because I am using "Operating system authentication", so even though the error says that it could be an issue with user name and password, it isn't. I know the server name is correct because I use the same instance name and properties when connecting to the database in ArcMap.

SQLServerDatabaseError.JPG

SQLServerQueryLayers.JPG

I'm running:

ArcGIS Pro v. 1.1.0-beta 1 & Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2

I got the same error with ArcPro version 1.0.2

I tried connecting to MS SQL Server Express Database and got the same error - but I log into these databases just fine through the same credentials using MS SQL Server Management Studio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarbonCounty_Utah
New Contributor III

I just reinstalled SQL Server Native Client 64-bit and then installed ArcGIS Pro 1.1. After that, I was able to connect to SQL Server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnnieJames
Esri Contributor

Hi Benjamin,
   The last part of the error message '$SDEHOME/temp is full' indicates that the TEMP folder on the server is full.
Please check the 'TEMP' property in the server_config table of the Geodatabase using SQLserver management studio and locate the folder on disk.  Try emptying the 'TEMP' folder and retry the connection.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Annie Sasidar

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are ArcGIS Desktop and MS SQL Server Management Studio installed on the same machine as ArcGIS Pro?  What operating system are you running?  What SQL Server client, specifically, is installed?

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Every time I get that error it is usually the SQL Server Native Client.  There is a copy in the database support files disk if you get the media, or it should be in your downloads list.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
CarbonCounty_Utah
New Contributor III

I just reinstalled SQL Server Native Client 64-bit and then installed ArcGIS Pro 1.1. After that, I was able to connect to SQL Server.

0 Kudos