ArcGIS Pro: Some navigation tools appear not to be available in the layout mode,

Jump to solution
02-07-2020 10:32 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro: Some navigation tools appear not to be available in the layout mode,

I couldn’t figure out where are the pan, rectangle zoom in, rectangle zoom out as they appear not to be available while working in layout mode

Chakra Rawal

Saleh Ahmed

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Jamal, 

I'm assuming that you are referring to navigation tools that navigate the map as opposed to navigating the page. In order to use the Explore tool (which pans and zooms) within a map on a page layout you will need to activate the map frame (select the map frame, right-click and choose Activate.  This experience should be the same as if you were working with a map view.

When the map frame is not activated you can still do some map navigation by using the commands available from the Layout tab on the ribbon as you highlighted above.For more information please refer to Work with a map on a layout—Layouts | Documentation 

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Do we have such navigation tools while working with Layout mode?

Jamal Numan
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Jamal, 

I'm assuming that you are referring to navigation tools that navigate the map as opposed to navigating the page. In order to use the Explore tool (which pans and zooms) within a map on a page layout you will need to activate the map frame (select the map frame, right-click and choose Activate.  This experience should be the same as if you were working with a map view.

When the map frame is not activated you can still do some map navigation by using the commands available from the Layout tab on the ribbon as you highlighted above.For more information please refer to Work with a map on a layout—Layouts | Documentation 

Hope this helps, 

Tom

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks Tom for the help. It works fine with me

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
TomBole