ArcGIS pro slope aspect tool constantly crashes

Jump to solution
07-27-2020 11:42 AM
Helaproject
New Contributor II

i have ArcGIS pro  2.5.2 and it constantly crashes immediately when i run the aspect slope tool from the raster functions.
no errors or anything the application just closes in a second.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Helaproject
New Contributor II

this has been solved in the 2.6 update for Pro

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

have you tried the Slope aspect tool in the spatial analyst or 3d analyst toolbox?

If it is failing immediately, then you may need to provide your inputs to see if they are path and coordinate system compliant

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Helaproject
New Contributor II

i don't find the tool in the toolbox it's only available as a raster function, which i have in ArcMap as an external python code ! but the implemented one in ArcGIS Pro just make the software close, no error or warnings or whatever !
maybe a bug or so

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Aspect (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  open arctoolbox in Pro and if you have the spatial analyst or 3D analyst extension it is there.  You can search arctoolbox in Pro as well.

If you are doing this in a script, you will need to post the script in case the function has nothing to do with the failure.  If you are getting errors, provide the full trackback error message.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Helaproject
New Contributor II

Thanks but this is aspect only, the function i mean generates a combination of slope and aspect with special symbology
New Aspect-Slope Raster Function Now Available 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make sure basic slope and aspect work first.

The problem may not be a bug in the toolset but in your inputs.

Provide the full error message

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Helaproject
New Contributor II

No both slope and aspect tools work just fine, my input is just a normal DEM !
it's something related directly to raster functions because the application crashes when importing a custom function as well.
this tool started as an external python code as i linked earlier for ArcMap then they pre-implemented in Pro and it does crash the application somehow
i hope an esri-staff can help investigate the issue

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

contact the author on the link  or better still, file an issue on the GitHub link

GitHub - Esri/raster-functions: A curated set of lightweight but powerful tools for on-the-fly image... 

... sort of retired...
Helaproject
New Contributor II

thanks, didn't know there's a github repo for that

0 Kudos
Helaproject
New Contributor II

this has been solved in the 2.6 update for Pro

0 Kudos