ArcGIS Pro Sketch Tools Keyboard Shortcuts

09-06-2018 02:06 PM
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

Am I missing something, or are the Pro sketch tools *really* lacking?Does anyone know any secret keyboard or otherwise shortcuts to split or reshape using freehand (preferably streaming if I dare ask) or to delete multiple vertices while editing the sketch? It really can't be overstated how helpful it would be if the sketch tools in ArcMap (which aren't perfect by any means) could be replicated in Pro. My users don't need 95% of the functionality in Pro but something simple like this will be a deal breaker for migration. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Charles - I don't see anything about the freehand construction tool for a Split function in AGP 2.2.2 nor is there an ArcGIS Idea for it.  But with regard to deleting multiple vertices at the same time - yes - with the vertex minus command, hold down your left mouse button and draw a freehand lasso around the vertices to delete.  Not exactly in the vein of while editing a sketch but it can be done.

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

Yeah, thanks but the main application would be when you're sketching and

gone on the wrong track for 30 or 40 verts (or more), and want to get back

to the intersection of Wentright and Wentwrong - without starting over or

completing the sketch into some bizarre auto-complete nightmare which is

usually harder to fix than just starting over. But thanks for your reply.

Maybe the ESRI bots will pick it up Thanks, cob

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I always forget shortcuts... so I bookmark them

Keyboard shortcuts for editing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Keyboard shortcuts for navigation—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Use ArcGIS Pro with a keyboard—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

plus way more...

And I have probably missed the one you really want because I just used …. shortcuts …. and I only looked at the first page

JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

You mention two pieces of missing functionality.

1.  Split/Reshape with Freehand. 

Streaming mode is planned for the 2.3 release.  Replace Sketch is planned for 2.3 as well.

2.  Delete multiple vertices while editing the sketch.

Mid-sketch, such as creating a new line, you can delete/move vertices without committing the sketch and switching to edit vertices.  Hover over the vertex and choose Delete from context menu or pick it up and move it.  It will be tedious if there are many but it is possible.  This has been in Pro since 1.0 and is not available in ArcMap; I am not familiar with how you were accomplishing this in ArcMap. 

0 Kudos