ArcGIS Pro silent instsall enble extensions

02-18-2019 01:51 PM
ShirleyLi
New Contributor III

We are installing ArcGIS Pro silently on machines which will be used by multiple users. We have a concurrent license and we want to enable the extensions by default. How can we do this during the silent install? Is there a paremeter in the command to set it? The command we currently use is  msiexec.exe /i ArcGISPro.msi /qb ALLUSERS=1 SOFTWARE_CLASS=Professional ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=.... AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=CONCURRENT_USE LOCK_AUTH_SETTINGS=False

Or is there any other way to enable the extensions for all the users on the machine?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are using this topic for your settings?

Install options—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
ShirleyLi
New Contributor III

yes I followed this article

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Shirley, not sure what you mean by 'another way'

0 Kudos
ShirleyLi
New Contributor III

Than you Dan for the requick response. I wonder if there is a setting to turn on the extensions for all the users on the machine, that is, enable the extensions by default.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

In my org, Pro is licensed as 'named user' and licenses for extensions are assigned to us as per the help topic

extensions-in-arcgis-pro

If your organization has purchased extension licenses, and a license has been assigned to you, the tools and functionality associated with the extension are available automatically.

0 Kudos
ShirleyLi
New Contributor III

Thank you for the info. We use a concurrent license on the machine. Not sure if these extensions can be available automatically too on the concurrent license.

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Shirley,

Currently there is no option to select extensions when using the silent install.  The parameter for this does not yet exist.  However, I have heard of other clients using the following workaround:

1.  Start ArcGIS Pro to use the concurrent use licensing option. 

2.  Go to the Configure Authorization dialogue and select all or preferred extensions. 

The selected extensions are stored in the following registry hive:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Licensing\Extensions. 

3.  Export the Extensions Registry hive and apply it to other workstation. 

You can run a script to silently install ArcGIS Pro follow by registry hive. 

Hope this helps.