ArcGIS Pro - scatter overlapping Point Features without editing geometry

02-18-2019 05:58 AM
SoňaPlaskurová
New Contributor

Hello!

Disperse Markers tool in ArcGIS Pro (Disperse Markers—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop ) edits the geometry of the data, when the data is being scattered (as opposed to ArcMap, when it was used with Representations and the geometry was not affected). Our customer would be interested in a workaround/different way to scatter the points (so that the point features are scattered around, but the geometry is not changed).

I have only found this blog Using Disperse Markers in ArcGIS Pro, which suggests to only work with the copy of the data, so the original geometry is not lost. I would be interested, if anyone knows/uses a different workaround/way in ArcGIS Pro, that would allow to disperse overlapping point features in ArcGIS Pro, while the original geometry is retained?

Thank you!

Soňa

2 Replies
AndrewWallick
Occasional Contributor

I'm having this issue as well, but with two separate feature classes. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One idea that comes to mind IF your point feature class is stored in an Enterprise Geodatabase is feature binning.  This works well for large datasets and does not change the XY coordinates of the point feature class.  You can learn more about feature binning here.

0 Kudos