ArcGIS Pro "ExcelToSQLite has stopped working" error

09-11-2019 11:46 AM
CharlottePeters2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 advanced, and I keep getting the following "ExcelToSQLite has stopped working" error whenever I open AGP for a new or existing project. The software loads and works fine after I click "Close program". I don't get this error with any other software. Is there anything I can check or do to resolve this error? My internet searches regarding this error came up empty.

If it matters, I also have Microsoft Office 365 v 1907 for Excel and ArcMap v 10.7.0.

Thanks, Charlotte

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

This would be better for the ArcGIS Pro‌ space instead of My Esri.

You say that you get this with any new or existing project.  Do you have your Favorites set up to always include certain folder connections in the projects?  Do those contain Excel spreadsheets?

Even though you're not getting the error noted in Work with Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS Pro—Excel | ArcGIS Desktop  I wonder if you followed those instructions if it would resolve the message you're seeing...

CharlottePeters2
New Contributor III

Hi,

On new projects, I only have the default folder connections that AGP creates. On existing projects, I may create additional folder connections, and they do contain Excel spreadsheets. I have Excel tables in some of the projects, but the error occurs even on new projects.

An update to the error dialog, I also will get the error at random times when I'm using the geoprocessing tools, like 'smooth line'. I've used 'smooth line' several times in a session on the same dataset, and the error will pop up during one of those times.

I'll post back once I've tried updating the database engine.

Thanks, Charlotte 

0 Kudos
MohammadAl-Salman1
New Contributor II

Hi Kory,
I'm having the same issue (when ever trying to add XY data from excel), I already have MS Access Database Engine 2016 installed on my machine (and I did re-install it as well) and still facing the same issue. Any other recommendations/solutions?

JohnFixCai
New Contributor II

Kory,

I created a new project with a folder, and then moved the folder. Now I keep getting this error. The only thing that changed was I created a project, move it (with Pro closed) and delete it, started Pro, created it again and moved a bunch of .GDB FGBD folders into the project folder. The project folder is not in the default folder, but on a folder in my 😧 drive.

My guess is, this is less about a driver, and more about a lost reference to a file or folder.

Let me know if I can provide any further info.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Charlotte Peters‌  If you go to Apps and Features and search for Access, what do you see?  For example, on my machine I see that I have the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 installed.

If you don't see that, or if you see the 2007 version, install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable as described in that link and screenshot above.

We've seen the SQLite error you're reporting here a few times and are interested to understand what is causing it.  Can you reply to let me know if you already have a Microsoft Access Database Engine on your machine and what version?  Thank you!

CharlottePeters2
New Contributor III

Hi Kory,

I have the 2007 version of the database engine. I'll see if IT can update it and let you know the outcome.

Thanks, Charlotte

CharlottePeters2
New Contributor III

UPDATE:

Well...it was nice while it lasted. Installing the latest database engine seemed to resolve the error for a short period, but getting the error again. Can't seem to tie the error to any particular action yet. A co-worker is having similar issues, but with ModelBuilder. I haven't received the error with ModelBuilder. 

My system versions:

• Windows 10
  • ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2 concurrent use license housed on a server in another city
  • Licenses to 3D analyst, data interoperability, geostatistical analyst, image analyst, network analyst, publisher, and spatial analyst
  • In the Python Package Manager packages list, I have python v. 3.6.8 and sqlite v 3.27.2
  • Add-in Manager has ICAP tools 2.0.0, Military Tools for ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0.199, Crime Analysis 2019.1.17, and XTools.XTools Pro 19.0
  • For R-ArcGIS Support, I had R 3.6.0 with 'arcgisbinding' package 1.0.1.232 (just updated to 1.0.1.237)

C

0 Kudos
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I am encountering a similar issue.  I receive the error when I am trying to use the Excel to Table geoprocessing tool.  It doesn't happen when I run Table to Excel.  I am running windows 7 and ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2.  I installed the Microsoft Database Engine 2016, using the quiet mode, and the problem persists. If I keep the same session running, I sometimes continue to get the error message whether I am running the tool or not. 

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

I'm also seeing the same error "ExcelToSQLite has stopped working" when trying to navigate to/open an excel file to add as a table to ArcGISPro 2.4.2 - anyone have a better solution? I've updated the MSDBE to 2016 and am on Windows 10...I also get a "catastrophic failure" error when this happens, that's cute.

0 Kudos