ArcGIS Pro - Paste from excel to attribute table

02-12-2018 10:47 AM
DWR_AlexMccomb
New Contributor II

Is there a way to paste from excel into multiple cells in an attribute table in ArcGIS Pro? There is a solution for ArcMap (Understanding how to edit values in a table—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop), but I can't find a solution for ArcGIS Pro.

I need to be able to replace columns with data from excel.  Thanks.

13 Replies
DWR_AlexMccomb
New Contributor II

That's pasting data from the attribute table into excel, I need to paste from excel into the attribute table.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Oh. I usually make sure I use Excel to table to handle the conversion

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

We have an equivalency issue logged for this: [BUG-000111428: Unable to copy and paste consecutive cells from a table in another application into a field in an ArcGIS Pro table.]

I would recommend calling technical support to get attached to this issue which will increase the customer count.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AmandaBerman
New Contributor

Has there been a solution?

0 Kudos
AmandaBerman
New Contributor

Has there been a solution?

0 Kudos
StephanieSmith
New Contributor III

Does anyone know when this might be addressed with newer versions of pro? The bug report for BUG-000111428 says it is in product plan, but the report that is excel specific says it is not in the product plan. Since these bug reports are from a year ago, I curious when and if they will be addressed. Not having this feature or a more seamless table edit workflow without double-clicking is slowing down simple data maintenance tasks.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The first works on a cell by cell basis

the whole row thing isn't going to happen

0 Kudos