ArcGIS Pro Opening Off Screen, Can't Move it Back

Jump to solution
12-05-2023 10:01 AM
Labels (1)
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When I open Pro, it's off of my monitors. When I minimize and maximize the window, the window animation shows it is opening somewhere to the right of my screen. My cursor cannot get beyond the right edge of my screen to move it back, though, so I literally have no way of getting the application back into my view to interact with it.

Is there some settings file that tells it where to open the application? If so, can I edit or remove this file to get it to show up on my main monitor?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
10 Replies
CANC-BrandyHurtado-GISS
New Contributor

This worked for me without having to mess with the config file. Project>Options>Display>Clear Cache Now.

"To troubleshoot rendering issues, or otherwise free up disk space, you can delete the entire cache by clicking Clear Cache Now. You will be asked to confirm your choice. The cache will be deleted once you click OK to close the Options dialog box, and the project will close and reopen. You can remove the visualization cache for a specific layer using the layer's cache properties; the existing cache for other layers will not be removed."

Set display options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos