ArcGIS Pro Online: Can't open a new project= can't utilize data from trainings

02-10-2021 11:51 AM
DavidHarman
New Contributor

Using ArcGIS Pro Online. On the Content page I am not able to open a new project and access downloaded files. I can open a new map but not a project. I am trying to do trainings using ArcGIS Pro. Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David, can you add a screenshot and more info about the steps you're following? You can't open an ArcGIS Pro project in ArcGIS Online. You can only open an ArcGIS Pro project in ArcGIS Pro (although the project may be downloaded from ArcGIS Online).

0 Kudos
DavidHarman
New Contributor

Thank you, Tim. How do you download the project? 

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you know the name of the project? If you do, you can search for it from the ArcGIS Online home page. Click the search button on the menu bar.

search-bar.png

Then type the name of the project (it also helps to include "ArcGIS Pro" or "project" in your search term). You'll get a list of search results. Hopefully, you'll see your project in the list. Here's an example of one I found. Notice it says "project package." That tells you it's an ArcGIS Pro project.

risk-data-package.png

Click the Options button (three dots) in the lower right corner. That opens a menu. Click Download if you want to download the project. You can then double-click the project in your downloads folder to open it. Or, to use it right away, click Open in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos