ArcGIS PRO Notebook always jumps to the top cell

05-08-2023 06:42 AM
MikeMoehlmann
New Contributor II

I am encountering an issue when I try to switch between the Notebook and Map view, my cursor in the Notebook resets to the beginning of my script or the first cell block, causing a disruption in my workflow. The problem has intensified since my upgrade to version 3.1.1, where even copying and pasting within the script triggers the cursor to jump to the top of the script. This gets really annoying when I spend long hours working on Jupyter Notebooks in ArcGIS Pro.

Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

8 Replies
MikeMoehlmann
New Contributor II

I noticed afterwards that the cursor within the notbook only jumps top the top of the script when I click on a layer within the Table Of Contents window. This is really upsetting because I often have to copy layer names from the TOC to my Python script. I read that this was already an issue before only within the TOC and that these issues were solved. Maybe this issues can also be solved in later ArcGIS Pro versions, I would really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
GeoSal
by
New Contributor

This is also happening to me when I click back into a Notebook after previously interacting with any other window/pane (Catalog, TOC, properties window, attribute table, etc), whether I was selecting something, copy-pasting, checking an item in Properties, etc.

0 Kudos
GeoSal
by
New Contributor

(forgot to add--this is running Pro 3.1.2)

0 Kudos
VojtechC
New Contributor II

Hi, I've been having the same problem!

I have a Notebook open in ArcGIS Pro (v3.1.2, Win10) and whenever I click into another Pane (Attribute Table, Catalog, Geoprocessing, etc.) and then back into the Notebook, the Notebook suddenly jumps/rolls up a bunch of cells, causing me to lose focus every time I click outside the Notebook. If I have the Notebook Pane opened on the second monitor (and the rest of ArcGIS Pro on the first monitor), the jumping/scrolling also happens when I switch to another program window and then back to the ArcGIS Pro Notebook.

This is very frustrating, makes very hard to work with Notebooks!

Note: I noticed that the problem is not happening on my colleague's computer, who has ArcGIS Pro v3.0.4.

0 Kudos
MicZatorsky_AEC
Occasional Contributor III

I'm getting this in 3.1.2

0 Kudos
VojtechC
New Contributor II

So far it looks to me like this issue is resolved in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3.

Can anyone confirm?

0 Kudos
ChrisEckerson
New Contributor

This has been driving me crazy for days! When I press tab then enter, it brings me back to my cursor. Another thing that brings it back is to long click the cell. If I keep it depressed for a moment longer than normal, it pops to the top then back to the correct cell. 

0 Kudos
AlderMaps
Occasional Contributor

Noticing this in 3.1.2...cannot update Pro on work machine to 3.1.3 to test. If I remember this evening will check on personal machine.

0 Kudos