ArcGIS Pro not retaining saved edits

01-10-2019 07:32 AM
deleted-user-6g41xWiDoeRO
New Contributor III

I imported shapes from one feature class into another last night. Made a bunch of field calculations and saved my edits/project before locking my computer for the night. When I unlocked my computer this morning, Pro (2.2.4) was closed and after I reopened my project none of the edits in my GDB were saved. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tags (2)
15 Replies
New Contributor III

That is correct.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If you have checked all the suggestions from Dan and Mervyn and it still does not explain this behavior, I would repeat the same steps (maybe fewer edits to save time) before end of business today and maybe for several days to see if you can repeat this behavior of losing saved edits.

Then also try the same editing workflow, only shutdown Pro at night instead of leaving it open to see if the edits are retained the next day.  At least this would provide you with a better workflow where you know you need to close out of Pro at night.

Do you not close out of Pro at night because it takes so long to start up in the morning?

I would also definitely create a support incident with ESRI if you can repeat this behavior, as lost data is a serious problem.

New Contributor III

I usually close Pro but wanted to be able to pick up right where I left off when I returned to work this morning. My computer was also going to update when I shut it down. Windows definitely updated last night while the computer was locked so that could explain why Pro wasn't open when I unlocked my computer this morning.

0 Kudos
DarciSmith1
New Contributor II

I've been experiencing something similar.  I have been switching between ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro editing the same dataset.  I have my data stored in a file geodatabase in file folder.  3 times now, data that I have edited with ArcGIS Pro has mysteriously disappeared.  I save my edits and I save my ArcGIS Pro project several times throughout my editing process.  I close out ArcGIS Pro and shut down my computer every time I leave work for the night.  I am now in the process of documenting my edits and taking screen shots so I can make a ticket for this.  Most recently what I experienced was not just edits lost but entire feature classes created within a geodatabase disappearing.  I'm not sure this is an ArcGIS Pro problem or maybe a problem with my databases getting overwritten with older versions somehow.

DanamaeScarboroughMDA
New Contributor

I'm experiencing the same exact issue. I will lose entire days worth of edits. I save both my edits and project constantly, and yet when I return to opening ArcGIS Pro, I will have entire days worth of edits that seem to no longer exist. I can't imagine what I am doing wrong, or what is happening. 

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor
0 Kudos