ArcGIS Pro not retaining saved edits

01-10-2019 07:32 AM
deleted-user-6g41xWiDoeRO
New Contributor III

I imported shapes from one feature class into another last night. Made a bunch of field calculations and saved my edits/project before locking my computer for the night. When I unlocked my computer this morning, Pro (2.2.4) was closed and after I reopened my project none of the edits in my GDB were saved. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tags (2)
15 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

have you ruled out the possibility that the featureclass changes were made to the correct featureclass..  You indicate a source file and a destination file, one of the two should have retained the changes, I haven't seen an ArcGIS Pro situations where this hasn't been the case

New Contributor III

The destination file did not retain the changes after being saved.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You left Pro open when you locked your computer for the night?

What is your datasource (e.g, file gdb, SDE database, other)?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Correct.

I'm using the file gdb that was created with the project.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

So there were no changes/saves in the origin file then? (I have seen many cases where the 'wrong' file ends up being edited after a copy)

MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Perhaps it would be a good idea to check your geoprocessing history to see

whether the edits were logged, and if so, to the same feature class you

expected?

Edits are also recorded in the file metadata. You may want to check these

in Catalog view.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Mervyn... to clarify, people using Pro should check their … Project, Options, Geoprocessing... there are two options where that information is saved, it may not be where they think it is, or should go.  It is a setup/default option 

MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Dan

No. I was actually thinking in terms of the geoprocessing history as recorded in the Catalog pane history tab. See my screen-grab. All processing recorded here.

And as an example of the geoprocessing  history recorded in the metadata.

New Contributor III

I checked my geoprocessing results and there's no record of me copying in the data from yesterday or when I repeated the task today.

0 Kudos