ArcGIS Pro not creating Spatial ETL Tool - Data Interoperability

05-22-2019 10:16 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I go to create a Spatial ETL Tool in ArcGIS Pro (version 2.3.3) I am prompted with the window to enter the name and label for my tool, but once I hit the 'OK' button the tool is not created. My cursor will turn to the spinning circle for a second or two, but when I check in under the tool box where I created the tool nothing is there, and no .fmw files are written to the folder the project is saved in. I have been able to successfully create Spatial ETL Tool's before in Pro but I do not remember what version (2.X) I was using at that time. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew

I can repro and we'll get on it, but in the meantime if you repeat the step to create the ETL tool but this (the second) time choose the existing .fmw file option you will find it is there and creating the tool will complete, i.e. a .fmw file is written and is accessible to the file picker.

BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue appears to be intermittent, i.e. session-dependent.  While we look into it the above workflow will let you create an ETL tool, alternatively you can start Workbench from the Analysis ribbon, save a stub .fmw file to your home folder and create an ETL tool from an existing .fmw file.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Starting from the Analysis ribbon and saving the .fmw is now working, but the firsts workflow you suggested has not been successful for me.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Andrew, I have two questions.

• Is the first workflow of creating a new ETL tool with automated fmw creation still failing in every session?
  • If you refresh the project folder containing fmw files can you see and then use an fmw file created by the above failure to create a new ETL tool?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JessaAvalos
New Contributor

I am also having this issue. Extension downloaded, license activated. I am following every suggestion on these forums but it is still not generating the generate workplace dialog box. I've uninstalled Data Interoperability and reinstalled. I'm just trying to convert a .LAZ file to .LAS.

0 Kudos
martinschaefer1
New Contributor III

I have the same issue. Workaround for me was to place a new FMW in C:\Temp, which did work. Perhaps folder names/structure an issue?

0 Kudos
MikeCusi1
New Contributor

Looking like its is indeed a matter of the path. Just tested writing that FMW with a short path and it worked.

LuisSantamaría_López
New Contributor

Hi all,

I was having the same issue. At the first time my default path was located in One Drive directory.

Then, I choose a shorter path and it worked eventually.

Regards.

0 Kudos