ArcGIS Pro ModelBuilder Feature Class to Feature Class creates Null values in output

Jump to solution
01-17-2022 04:41 AM
Labels (1)
ejuser
by
New Contributor III

Following the Add Join geoprocessing tool, the Feature Class to Feature Class tool creates a feature class with the correct number of rows  based on Keep All Target Features being unchecked; however, all values within the feature class are <Null>.

The Add Join output layer created prior to  the Feature Class to Feature Class tool has Add To Display checked and upon review contains the correct number of rows and the values are populated.

I end up running the Feature Class to Feature Class tool manually from the Analysis tab and it is successful albeit with warnings. Not sure if that might be the issue.

My desire is to not run this tool manually, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

well after scrolling around on the tech support site, I came across this

BUG-000132720: Using the 'Feature Class to Feature Class' tool afte.. (esri.com)

this may be the issue because the suggestion is to...

The 'Copy Features' tool is able to be used instead of the 'Feature Class to Feature Class' tool to make the join permanent in ModelBuilder.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you address the data issue?  Does the model work with data that doesn't produce warnings.

A warning about having punctuation in output names ( the colon : probably isn't wise)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ejuser
by
New Contributor III

I've addressed the data issue by deleting the problematic field after table creation in the model - it's not relevant for my output and got the same result.

I also took a completely different point fc and mocked up an Excel table with a matching key field and fewer rows of data to test the process. The same result occurred. The expected data (i.e. joined fc with table) appears as a layer output after Add Join. Everything is <Null> once written to an fc. I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

well after scrolling around on the tech support site, I came across this

BUG-000132720: Using the 'Feature Class to Feature Class' tool afte.. (esri.com)

this may be the issue because the suggestion is to...

The 'Copy Features' tool is able to be used instead of the 'Feature Class to Feature Class' tool to make the join permanent in ModelBuilder.

... sort of retired...