ArcGIS Pro Model Builder: Spatial Join - Dissolve - Aggregate

07-07-2020 10:20 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am creating a workflow using Model Builder in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2 that will take updated parcel polygons and create/update the Zoning_Parcel (parcels symbolized at the parcel level) and Zoning_Districts (parcels that are dissolved by zoning and then aggregated into large districts that are used for smaller scale viewing).

It is important to note that every time new parcels are given to me I use the most current version of the Zoning_Districts to perform the spatial join at the beginning of the workflow.

Right now I have a model that can perform the spatial join and dissolve, but I am stuck at how to iterate through the ZONING field, creating batch selections of each of the 17 zoning types and then outputting them as separate features and also as a single merged feature.

I am confused on what Iterator to use and how to create the batched selections sets and aggregate them to create the districts.

The snips reference the inputs and outputs of the model.

NEW PARCELS (INPUT)

enter image description here EXSISTING ZONING_DISTRICTS (INPUT)

enter image description here NEW ZONING_PARCELS (OUTPUT)

enter image description here NEW ZONING_PARCELS_DISSOLVED (OUTPUT)

enter image description here NEW ZONING_DISTRICTS (OUTPUT)

Currently once I dissolve the parcels I individually select by zoning type create a .shp, aggregate the polygons and then once all 17 have been parsed out and aggregated I convert to .gdb feature for the 17 separate zoning types and a comprehensive merged feature.

Also for the sake of being efficient (even though it is more data to maintain) I am trying to execute the dissolve twice so the 17 individual features are part of a multi-part feature and the comprehensive feature is a single part so when using it, the users can select individual polygons. 

I know that the model is incorrect, it is intended to show what my vision for the model needs to be. Also the multipart comprehensive is the less important and be created by other means from the single part polygons, but I thought it would make sense to accommodate for it in the model.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you need an iterator? Select by attribute on your layer (Zone = '1' etc)  and copy features to produce the 17 zoning types? I'm sure there's a better way but I would script it, and actually find Model Builder more confusing.

0 Kudos