ArcGIS PRO Model Builder "Extent Same as variable"

04-29-2016 01:06 PM
WayneCorners
New Contributor

I am building a model where I need the output to match the extent of another raster. The other raster is set as a variable in the model. In ArcGIS 10.1 I was able to set the extent of the model output to "Same as variable X". In ArcGIS Pro this is not an option. I can select a particular file as the extent but the extent needs to be variable. I am wondering if this functionality is just not available in ArcGIS Pro.

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Before I forget ModelBuilder: migration to ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

There have been changes in workflow parts

and there is the model parameters section ... Model parameters—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

robertkalasek
New Contributor III

but these two links do not provide any solutions to that reasonable question. as far as i can see. of course i can define an Extent-Variable from the "create variable list" - but how do i force the whole model environment to be based on that variable for any operation within the whole model ?

relating environment settings to existing layers within the current project is a real stepback for anyone who wants to reuse models in different contexts with different layer-names and -content  ! ! !

0 Kudos