ArcGIS Pro - Map Series Pages - Display individual features from index layer

07-25-2017 07:42 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I will do my best to explain this...

I have a series of properties (900) located next to eachother in a line along a corridor (see CorridorOfProperties attachment)

I want to create an individual map showing each one of these individual properties (so 900 properties = 900 maps) using the map series pages in ArcGIS Pro.

The challenge: since the properties are all next to eachother, more than one property will be displayed in each map (see WhatsHappening attachment)

But I want only the subject property to appear. (See WhatIWant attachment)

How can I make this happen using a non-manual process? 

I know I could query on the layer using the ObjectID for each feature that I want to see in each map, but that would take too much time with 900 properties...

Thank you!

2 Replies
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

Alix Vezina‌,

I have the exact same problem.  We were able to do this in ArcGIS Desktop with Production Mapping, although it is a bit of work to set it up.  Wondering if it could be easier in https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro.  The lack of response to your question is not encouraging.

--Adam

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

...and just after i wrote this, I believe I found it.

Look in the properties of the layer(s) you want filtered within the map frame of the layout you are working with.  open the Page Query...

Page Query Property