ArcGIS Pro License : Subscription license - will expire when maintenance stops

Jump to solution
03-24-2015 07:15 PM
MarkChilcott
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Peoples,

After discussions with Esri Australia, it is our understanding ArcGIS Pro is only available as a subscription, cloud based license that will expire if you choose to stop paying maintenance.  This would appear to be a paradigm shift in the current permanent license model.

It is also striking there appears to be no Esri documentation spelling this out.

Were other people aware that ArcGIS Pro is a cloud based subscription license, that expires if you stop maintenance?

What do you think?

Additional notes:

ArcGIS Pro licensing:
http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis-pro/licensing

Cheers,

Mark

54 Replies
LukeWebb

I love ArcGIS pro.

Before I develop my templates for final delivery I wanted to check, can I deliver a project to a client, with a single ArcPRO license that I pay for upfront in full that wont expire. (They wont accept a product they can only access for 1 year)

Is this possible?  

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Luke - there was a similar question for ArcGIS Pro 2.0 - Frequently asked questions

If I choose to use the Named User license, but later go off maintenance and my Named User account expires, can I still switch my Named User license to Concurrent Use or Single Use?

Yes, you will be able to provision the Concurrent Use or Single Use licenses through My Esri, and continue to use the software and access projects. However, you will no longer receive updates to the software. You can choose to get back on maintenance at any time at the Esri Maintenance Program page.

Hope this helps!

KubaSzostak1
New Contributor III

There is new major release of ArcGIS Pro - 2.0.

Additionally ArcGIS License Manager 10.5.1 or later is required to manage ArcGIS Pro 2.0 concurrent  licenses. The copy protection mechanism for ArcGIS 10.5.1 Concurrent Use has been updated. This update requires that ArcGIS License Manager 10.5.1 be installed to support these products.

Does it means changes in licensing model of ArcGIS Pro? Can anybody confirm that ArcGIS Pro supports permanent concurrent licenses?

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels

Kuba,

ArcGIS License Manager 10.5.1 fully supports concurrent use licensing for ArcGIS Pro. If you already have your Pro licenses loaded into the license manager they will carry over to the 10.5.1 LM when you upgrade in-place.

One key NEW feature with the ArcGIS Pro 2.0 install package is the addition of several new install properties for the package.

ArcGIS Pro 1.4.1 you only had one property (ALLUSES), with 2.0 you have the following:

msiexec /i ArcGISPro.msi ALLUSERS=1 ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=<license server> SOFTWARE_CLASS=BASIC AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=CONCURRENT_USE

So for the first time Enterprise deployments are practical.

Rich

V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Listing of the Microsoft Installer command line parameters for ArcGIS Pro are in this help article...

Install options—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

the silent uninstall product codes are listed there as well.

So, as with Desktop--look to be able to script to modify registry to convert between Single use, Named User, and Concurrent use.

Stuart