ArcGIS Pro Layout Snapping not working

11-09-2017 12:54 PM
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor

It appears that snapping in an ArcPro Layout is still not working.  Can someone say when this will be fixed?

I've read the docs and I think I'm doing it correctly, but I keep getting the same response.  I'm using version 2.0.1.8933

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jeanette, maybe it would be worth getting in touch with Esri support if this is stopping you from doing your work?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I have not seen ArcGIS Pro 2.4 yet but wonder if it will be addressed with the new update.

0 Kudos
Santa_Clara_CountyParks_and_Re
New Contributor II

Hi Greg,

I've had the same issue regardless of whether snapping is turned on.  I think this has to do with the margin to the paper edge. Try creating guides at 1/4 inch (or larger), and see if the snapping works okay. 

Seth

0 Kudos
Santa_Clara_CountyParks_and_Re
New Contributor II

Nevermind, I can't get it to behave consistently.

CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro often forgets that snapping is turned on.  Usually, you can fix this just by restarting the application.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I hadn't tried that one yet... I'll have to remember that!

0 Kudos
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor

Hi - the update to ArcPro v2.1.0 fixed this problem.  Thanks

0 Kudos
TylerSchwartz2
Occasional Contributor II

I have found that in 2.1.1 that the snapping (in layout view) is automatically enabled every time you reopen a project even though the snapping button shows its off.  You need to cycle it on then off again for snapping to be disabled.  This is a new bug introduced in 2.1.1