Arcgis Pro Lag Behavior

04-23-2018 03:35 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been working with Pro for the last several months, and I have started to experience bad lagging behaviors while editing and creating features. Looking at the Arcgis Pro Diagnostic Monitor, it appears that the function Arcgis.Desktop.Editing.CreateSketchTool.methodOnFinishSketch is crashing or freezing.  I get the "Task Busy" light on for 10-15 seconds after I create a feature.  My memory and CPU are not being taxed, and are generally running below 50% on each.  While the program is thinking, I am unable to save, save edits, or create new features, among other things. 

Arcgis Pro seems to have all of its performance degrading for the last month or so, and I am uncertain of the cause.  I have been forced to turn my rendering quality to low, switch to OpenGL and substantially limit the amount of data I view, as well as limit my basemaps I use.  Oddly enough, the default ESRI basemaps are as fast as ever. (In pro that it, they are so slow as to be unusable in normal desktop, but thats par for the course.)   I do not see a spike in any hardware utilization during these mini crashes, but they are starting to cut into my productivity. 

Processor: Intel I7,  4 core, 8 thread, 2.6 ghz base speed, 3.5 ghz burst. 

Ram: 16 gigs 

Disk 1 tb, 7200 RPM

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 

Running Windows 10. 

My only current hypothesis that can Pro was very dependent on the virtualization process affected by Meltdown/Specter bugs, and its being disabled it substantially affecting the programs performance.  No other programs seem to be affected though. 

Has any one else started to experience this, and has anyone found a work around? 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
2 Replies
JacobPatrylick2
New Contributor

I agree. 

Dell 7920: 64gb RAM, high end solid state, windows 10, Nvidia P5000 graphics card. what else do I need??????

AmyGwin2
New Contributor III

I have to ALT+CTRL+DEL the program and re-open it when this happens. This happens alot when I deal with big datasets.

Processor: Dell XEON W-2323 (8.25MB cache) 64bit  RAM: 32 GB, Windows 10, NVIDIA Quadro P1000

Sadly, for the most intense mapping (millions of points and features), I end up creating this in ArcMap, then maybe I will import into ArcPro. There is better export behavior in ArcPro, but working with the maps in ArcPro has been a very painful struggle.

0 Kudos