ArcGIS Pro interactive viewshed - export all results as feature class

03-04-2019 12:17 PM
MichaelMarz
New Contributor II

Hello,

I would like to export all results of an interactive viewshed analysis. The only option is to export the viewshed points.

Do I miss something?

My Regards

#viewshed‌ #interactiveviewshed

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Interactive viewshed creation methods—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

are you at the From Layer section?

This method is well suited for saving and reloading designs. Viewsheds can be saved as a stand-alone point layer and reimported so you can pick up where you left off.

sounds like that part is for continuing where you left off

Maybe it picks up here... 

Convert analysis results to features—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
MichaelMarz
New Contributor II

Yes, I defined point features and created a interactive viewshed analysis by layer.

But the export option delivers the same point features. I want to export the overall result. This my objective.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so you can't select the other elements and export them?

I will defer you to the video

Exploratory analysis how-to videos—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

or you will have to wait until someone else chimes in.  It would seem pretty useless if you can't save all the result

0 Kudos
ChristopherCook
New Contributor III

I'm not 100% certain, but it sounds like Michael is interested in exporting the viewshed analysis green/yellow/red area as a layer file.

I'm also interested in doing this very task, but I have not found a way to do it in ArcGIS Pro or in CityEngine.

Any thoughts on a way to do this or a work around?

Thank you,

Chris C

quillaja
New Contributor III

Same here. It's great to be able to save the configuration of each viewing point into a layer, but ultimately what I want to save are the results And those I would like to put on arcgis online so that my client can see the final results of multiple configurations, enabling them to make a decision based on which viewshed configuration would be most suitable for them.

0 Kudos