ArcGIS Pro Field Calculator is not working with a double field

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Labels (2)
Salit
by
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro version 3.2.2.

I am trying to use Field Calculator on a point feature class, which was generated from a Kriging raster dataset using the GA Layer To Points tool. When I multiply the "Error" Field with self to get a squared error, I get a warning saying the table has no records and to use the Get Count tool, which is no help. Additionally, exporting the feature class as a shapefile results in an empty shapefile (with no records, ie., rows). Here is a screenshot:

error_pro.png

Interestingly, if I run the same process in ArcMap 10.8, it works. This leads to the question, is there a bug in ArcGIS Pro? I appreciate a way around it. TIA

Update: I updated the ArcGIS Pro to 3.3. It still fails to calculate the fields. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Salit
by
New Contributor II

The issue was with the Processing Extent set in Environments. In an earlier step, I created a model using ModelBuilder and set its processing extent to one of the layers used in the ModelBuilder. For Kriging, I started a new Map view but I did not realize that setting processing extent in ModelBuilder gets applied/carried to all Map views.

I accessed the Environments (Geoprocessing) from Command Search and reset the processing extent; it worked. Here are screenshots of solutions.

Screenshot1: Accessing Environments settings from Command search:

error_pro1.png

Screenshot2: Resetting Processing extent in Environments settings:

error_pro2.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Salit
by
New Contributor II

The issue was with the Processing Extent set in Environments. In an earlier step, I created a model using ModelBuilder and set its processing extent to one of the layers used in the ModelBuilder. For Kriging, I started a new Map view but I did not realize that setting processing extent in ModelBuilder gets applied/carried to all Map views.

I accessed the Environments (Geoprocessing) from Command Search and reset the processing extent; it worked. Here are screenshots of solutions.

Screenshot1: Accessing Environments settings from Command search:

error_pro1.png

Screenshot2: Resetting Processing extent in Environments settings:

error_pro2.png

0 Kudos