ArcGIS Pro exporting imagery in a blocky, inconsistent fashion

05-14-2018 07:59 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

For some time, I've been experiencing an issue where imagery is rendering in a blocky fashion in a 300 dpi TIFF layout export, as per the image below. The imagery is set with certain contrast/brightness/gamma enhancements in Raster Layer -> Appearance -> Enhancements, but only some of the "blocks" will pick up these properties. (In the image below, the brighter "blocks" have the right properties; the other ones are too dark.) Every time I export the layout, different "blocks" end up being exported in the right way than others; it seems somewhat random. 

example

Additionally, even when the "blocks" do end having the right properties, there is a visible difference in how they are being rendered, as per the below example:

example2

I've been having this issue on multiple computers, but currently using the following setup:

• Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming edition
  • Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80ghz
  • 32gb RAM
  • 64-bit OS, Windows 10
  • Graphics card: Ndivia GeForce GTX1060 Max-Q / 6B
  • Latest version of Pro (2.1.2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I forgot to mention: I've had this issue exporting different kinds of imagery, ranging from Landsat 8, Sentinel 2, and WorldView-2.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Have you tried exporting to jpg?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

OK, edit that last question.  I'm testing in the daily build of Pro 2.2 and see that exporting the layout containing imagery maintains the brightness when exported as a jpg.  But I see the behavior you're describing when exporting to PDF and TIFF.  I will make sure the development team has an issue logged for this.  But for now it might be worth joining the Pro 2.2 beta to test your workflows: ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Beta Coming Soon! 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for looking into it. For the record, though, I just tried to export as JPG and ran into the same issue.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Are you able to try Pro 2.2 beta?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just put in an application.

JaredYost3
New Contributor III

Any chance the source and output projections are different?  Could be an error in re-projection.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are the same (WGS 1984).

0 Kudos