ArcGIS Pro exporting EPS as bitmaps and not Vectors

09-19-2018 08:01 AM
LouisHill1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.2 to export my maps to EPS format and they are being rasterized.  I have 2 line features (no transparency) and 1 point feature (simple shape maker solid color, no transparency) that I am attempting to export. No background, no additional design elements, no basemap.

Share | Export | Layout | EPS 

Line feature (3.0 thick, no transparency)

Line feature (1.5 thick, no transparency)

Point feature (simple shape marker, solid color, no outline, no transparency)

When I use Share|Export|Layout|EPS --> I get a rasterized set of bitmaps, or "banding".  These are strips of images and are not usable for what I am doing.

What I want is EPS vectors that I can control in either AI or Corel, preferably Corel. 

I have used this export technique EXTENSIVELY in ArcGIS Desktop 10.X for years with success.

Anyone have any ideas?

16 Replies
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Did you delete this idea? 

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1

I wasn't able to find your idea.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1

Bump. 
I've experienced this problem with Pro 2.7.1 and 2.7.3. EPS does not contain vectors. 

0 Kudos
JeffTorguson
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.8 does the same thing.

0 Kudos
KariBuckvold
Occasional Contributor

Holy cow, I can't believe this has been an issue for a couple years and not resolved.  Yes, this is how we create smaller sized .pdfs that can be easily emailed.  This is a major shortcoming!

0 Kudos
blairtinker
New Contributor II

I'm in 3.1.3 and this is still happening.  I have a layout with only 2 layers and some text graphics, no transparency on anything.  Whenever the point layer is on, the EPS converts to an image.  If I turn off the points the other layer and text exports fine as vectors.  I have tried all sorts of different point symbols, turned off outlines and halos, made as simple as possible but it converts to bitmap if that layer is on.   Book publisher requires cmyk eps files as vectors so I'm forced to jump through all sorts of hoops to get this.

0 Kudos