ArcGIS Pro exporting EPS as bitmaps and not Vectors

09-19-2018 08:01 AM
LouisHill1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.2 to export my maps to EPS format and they are being rasterized.  I have 2 line features (no transparency) and 1 point feature (simple shape maker solid color, no transparency) that I am attempting to export. No background, no additional design elements, no basemap.

Share | Export | Layout | EPS 

Line feature (3.0 thick, no transparency)

Line feature (1.5 thick, no transparency)

Point feature (simple shape marker, solid color, no outline, no transparency)

When I use Share|Export|Layout|EPS --> I get a rasterized set of bitmaps, or "banding".  These are strips of images and are not usable for what I am doing.

What I want is EPS vectors that I can control in either AI or Corel, preferably Corel. 

I have used this export technique EXTENSIVELY in ArcGIS Desktop 10.X for years with success.

Anyone have any ideas?

16 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What happens if you take the point file with the marker out?

0 Kudos
LouisHill1

Good eye!  Unfortunately, removing the marker doesn't change the results (I had already tried that before I posted). I'm also currently getting some assistance from J. Wright (Esri ArcGIS Pro development team) and have sent them the Map Package to investigate. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Keep the thread posted Louis..

0 Kudos
davygoethals
New Contributor

Any news on this? Experiencing the same problem ... 

LouisHill1

No news yet.  I'm now running ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 and its the same error.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
AimeeWheatley
New Contributor II

Bumping this. I export map layouts as an EPS to be taken into Corel as well, and this method has worked for years from Desktop. We are migrating to PRO and the EPS' are being rasterized.

We need high quality EPS' that our designers can use in Corel to send to press. Has anyone out there found a solution/workaround for the rasterization issue? Other than going back to Desktop, that is....

LouisHill1

I'm in the exact same situation.  I'm now running ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 and it still doesn't export correctly.  Stuck using ArcGIS Desktop until they care enough to address this.

0 Kudos
LouisHill1

I have added the following idea to the GeoNet.  Please find this suggestion and "up-vote" it to bring this to the attention of the development team.

Export to EPS with VECTORS please!!!