ArcGIS Pro Export to PDF Stalling Layers with Transparency?

01-03-2018 02:31 PM
KalenMyers
New Contributor III

Hi there, 

I'm having consistent issues with my PDF products after using Export to PDF with ArcGIS Pro. I think I've narrowed it to layers that have transparency set. Basically, when I export to PDF and first open the document it appears as if certain map layers haven't drawn (those with transparency of some level). If I resize the PDF, scroll to the next page, or even minimize the document and re-open it, the layers appear. It's like the drawing of those items is stalled until I make some sort of action to the Adobe application. 

I don't have this issue when I print the layout as a PDF, but the quality is a lot worse than when exporting.

Has anyone else had this issue? Suggestions? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaneSchafer-Kramer
New Contributor II

I am having the same problem. Have you resolved this yet?

0 Kudos
KalenMyers
New Contributor III

Hi Jane, 

Unfortunately not. This is still a mystery. I'm avoiding transparency whenever possible.

0 Kudos
DalindaDamm
Occasional Contributor

For clarity sake, does the product export without issue - you only have a problem when trying to view it?

I was testing the export of an EPS file out of ArcGIS Pro and had issues with the application crashing during the export. I was able to isolate the issue in that particular project/map to the existence of a layer with transparency applied. I am wondering if there is a connection between the PDF issue described in the original post here and this situation I faced...

0 Kudos
Kyle_LocGov
New Contributor III

Does anyone know the solution yet? Would purchasing the Production Mapping license solve it?

0 Kudos