ArcGIS Pro crashing when I open any project after 2.7 update

01-14-2021 09:34 AM
Labels (1)
cartoranger47
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

Since upgrading to the 2.7 update last week, any time I try to open an existing project or open a new project in ArcGIS Pro, it crashes. I'm on Windows 10 with the latest updates installed. I haven't seen anything on here about this yet, so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for common things that could be causing this like cache/profile files I could delete or something like that. I tried removing any extensions and that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks,

Alex

Tags (1)
13 Replies
pt024
by
New Contributor II

I contacted the local Esri team and they were able to solve the crash. Under control panel, clock and region, region, administrative, change system locale, the "Beta: Use Unicode...." has to be unchecked, otherwise the program will crash after 2.7 update.

0 Kudos
Colcam4
New Contributor II

I cannot make that change on my computer as it  requires an administrator. But I think my upgrade/download to 2.7.2 was corrupted, specifically Geoprocessing Tools. Mine doesn't "crash" it just goes into a never ending spinning wheel whenever I try.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

ColCam4 - you can uninstall ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2 by going to the Control Panel-Programs->Uninstall a program->View installed updates and uninstall ArcGIS Pro 2.7 Patch (2.7.2). 

Another thing to try with geoprocessing hangs is to rename the ESRI folder in your C:\Users\<user_profile>\AppData\Local and you C:\Users\<user_profile>\AppData\Roaming to ESRI_OLD.  Does this resolve the Geoprocessing tools issue?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
Colcam4
New Contributor II

Complete Uninstall Re-Install required. Works great now, and even got ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3. Nothing else worked. Thank You for help. Colin

0 Kudos