ArcGIS Pro crashing when I open any project after 2.7 update

01-14-2021 09:34 AM
cartoranger47
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

Since upgrading to the 2.7 update last week, any time I try to open an existing project or open a new project in ArcGIS Pro, it crashes. I'm on Windows 10 with the latest updates installed. I haven't seen anything on here about this yet, so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for common things that could be causing this like cache/profile files I could delete or something like that. I tried removing any extensions and that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks,

Alex

Tags (1)
13 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try  Windows  Add/Remove Programs, select Remove, then the Repair option?

I usually do a clean uninstall and install  when going from X.Y upgrades rather than upgrading through Pro

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I had issues with my original upgrade to 2.7 when I upgraded within ArcGIS Pro. @DanPatterson actually helped me with my post about this as well! When I removed the software and then did a fresh install with downloading 2.7 through myEsri, things are working fine. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
VMitch
by
New Contributor III

I had this happen also and a fresh new download did the trick 🙂

pt024
by
New Contributor II

I uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem still persists. Can anyone advise on what to do?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you rename the folder in c:\users\ you \local\Appdata\esri to ... esriOLD and you may also want to do the same using the registry editor regedit and rename Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Esri

in a similar fashion

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
pt024
by
New Contributor II

I tried renaming the folders. The program still crashes when I try to open a project or template.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

you have to do that after you completely uninstall anything arc*.  Then reinstall.

If that doesn't work... Tech Support

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
pt024
by
New Contributor II

It still crashing. I think I will have to contact support. Thanks for the help.

Colcam4
New Contributor II

Have you resolved this? 

I am having serious problems with the new ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2. Downloaded today.  I get  ENDLESS spinning/loading icons, whenever I try to use Tools. Something ain't right. Do I have to get ESRI to fix? Or IT to reload the software? Had to use Task Manager to End Task. Exited/Restarted 5+ times. Rebooted computer 2 times. 
0 Kudos