ArcGIS Pro Crashes Every Time When Importing MXD Documents

11-03-2016 12:42 PM
XuanKuai1
New Contributor II

Hey All,

I tried to load my .mxd document into ArcGIS Pro but it crashes every time and gives me this message:

"ArcGIS Pro has encountered a serious application error and is unable to continue."

Do anybody familiar with such issue? It's ArcGIS Pro 1.3 on Windows 10 Pro. I also installed Anaconda.

Any help?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you using Import Map tool?

Import Map

For ArcMap users—Migrate to ArcGIS Pro 

Think Location
XuanKuai1
New Contributor II

Thanks for replying and yes, I am using this tool. Is that because I'm not installing the right Python version or what?

0 Kudos
RichardKennedy2
New Contributor II

Any progress as to why this happens and more importantly any solutions?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

xuankuai‌ You mentioned that you are running ArcGIS Pro 1.3.

My first recommendation is to upgrade to Pro 2.0.1 as there were things at 1.3 (notably annotation) that weren't supported.  So it is possible that if there was something in the mxd that was not yet supported in Pro, it could cause the crash... conjecture at this point, but worth thinking about.

Please upgrade to 2.0.1 and try importing the mxd that crashes in Pro 1.3.

What happens?

Let us know, and if necessary, we can continue to help from there.

Thank you.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this issue with version 2.1.2 importing .mxd or .mpk

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Joel, does the crash occur when importing any mxd or mpk?  Or only certain files?  Anything in common about those?

Can you send me an example mxd to kkramer@esri.com (just the mxd for now, broken links will be OK and we can dig in more if needed).

Thanks

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Joel, I wanted to close the loop with you on this one.  With the repro provided from your mpk, we were able to isolate the issue and we've confirmed that it is fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.2.  I apologize that you've experienced this in 2.1, but we'll have it fixed in the coming release.

Cheers

RanelSuurna1
New Contributor II

Unfortunately the same bug exists with ArcGIS Pro 2.5 version. The workflow is the same as it was described for previous versions.

0 Kudos